Encona Marinated Fish Tacos
Cooking Time: 10 mins Prep time: 15 mins
4 fillets skinless, boneless cod
1 tbsp Encona Mexican Smokey Jalapeño Sauce
Juice of 3 limes
2 garlic cloves, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp fine salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 red onion
150g caster sugar
150 ml red wine vinegar
200g soured cream
1 head cos lettuce, sliced into strips
8 mini tortilla wraps, warmed
Coriander, to garnish
Sliced jalapeño, to garnish
Lime wedges, to serve
1) In a bowl, combine the Encona Mexican Smokey Jalapeño Sauce, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.
2) Slice each cod lengthways to make a total of 8 strips. Place into a resealable sandwich bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag, pushing out as much air as possible, then lay flat in the fridge, on a plate or in a dish, for one hour.
3) For the pickled onions, finely slice the red onion and place in a shallow dish. Place the caster sugar and red wine vinegar into a saucepan over a low-medium heat. Leave to simmer gently until the caster sugar has dissolved, about 3-5 minutes. Pour over the onion and leave to cool to room temperature.
4) To cook the fish, place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Place the fish into the pan and spoon a tablespoon of marinade over each fillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, then gently flip, and again spoon another tablespoon of marinade over each fillet. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked to your liking.
5) To serve, spread a tablespoon of soured cream over each tortilla and top with the sliced lettuce. Place a strip of fish on top and add a spoonful of pickled red onion, and garnish with the coriander and sliced jalapeño. Serve with fresh lime wedges.