Peruvian Summer Roast Chicken Salad by Victoria Glass
Cooking Time: 1 hour 50 mins Prep time: 15 mins
100ml of Encona Peruvian Amarillo Sauce
1 lemon, quartered
1 dash of olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
Soured Cream Dip
40ml of Encona Peruvian Amarillo Sauce
150ml of soured cream
1 courgette, peeled into ribbons
2 large ripe tomatoes, quartered
mixed salad leaves
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2) Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper and stuff the cavity with the lemon quarters.
3) Place in a roasting tin and rub a little olive oil over the skin. Pour over the Encona Peruvian Amarillo Sauce to fully coat the chicken.
4) Roast for 1 hour and 35 minutes, basting the chicken halfway through cooking to ensure it stays moist.
5) Check the chicken is fully cooked through then leave to rest for 10–15 minutes loosely covered in foil before carving.
6) Mix the Encona Peruvian Amarillo Sauce into the soured cream. Toss together the courgette ribbons, tomatoes and leaves to create a fresh salad and serve with the chicken and creamy dip.