Encona Hot & Fruity Caribbean Skewers
Cooking Time: 15 mins Prep time: 25 mins
For the kebab:
- 6 chicken thighs, meat cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 red peppers cut into chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and boiled for 5 minutes cooled and cut into 2.5 cm pieces.
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 5 tbsp Encona West Indian Papaya Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
For the fruity salsa:
- 1 mango, cut into small pieces
- 1 papaya, cut into small pieces
- ½ tbsp Encona West Indian Papaya Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and finely chopped (not the core)
1) Pre-heat the barbecue.
2) Thread the chicken onto the wooden skewers alternately with the sweet potato and the red peppers. Place the kebabs onto a tray or plate.
3) Mix the Encona West Indian Papaya Hot Pepper Sauce with the honey and coriander and brush all over the kebabs.
4) Cook on the barbecue for about 15 minutes, turning every so often and brushing with any remaining marinade.
5) Meanwhile, to make the fruity salsa simply place all of the ingredients into a small bowl and combine.
6) Serve with the kebabs.