Encona Papaya Chicken with Island Salsa
Cooking Time: 10 mins Prep time: 20 mins
500g boneless, skinless chicken
- 4 tblsp Encona West Indian Smooth Papaya Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can pineapple strained
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced finely
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Coriander, chopped
- 3 tsp Encona West Indian Smooth Papaya Hot Pepper Sauce
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Approx. 8 skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak overnight in water. (Skewers optional)
1) Add Encona Smooth Papaya Hot Pepper Sauce, soy sauce, honey and garlic, and stir together.
2) Slice chicken breasts into long 5mm thick strips. If thick, pound out to flatten with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
3) Place chicken in the marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight if possible.
4) To prepare salsa, combine all ingredients and season.
5) Preheat grill to medium heat. Skewer Chicken if required.
6) Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until the meat is no longer pink. Serve with fruit salsa. For a light lunch serve strips with a salad, pitta bread or in a wrap.